New role at Mentorloop
UI/UX Designer (Melbourne)
Part time welcome!
We believe that the right connection can change your life – at Mentorloop our mission is to make mentoring mainstream. We’re seeking an experienced UI/UX designer to work closely with our small and dedicated team to take the Mentorloop product to the next level.
You will take a pivotal role in shaping our product; conducting user research, consulting with stakeholders and designing elegant solutions that make mentoring easy and accessible for everyone.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experienced in UX/UI Design. You’re excellent on the tools; developing wireframes, mockups and build-ready prototypes, with web, mobile-first and native app design experience.
- Digital product design. Beyond the interface, you understand what makes a good product and how thoughtful design can make a meaningful difference for our customers.
- Stakeholder consultation and research. You can conduct stakeholder workshops, user research, requirements gathering and usability testing.
- Developing metrics and measuring success. You understand how to define and measure success and to respond according to what the data tells us.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable collaborating directly both with our internal teams and with our customers.
- Experience with Agile/Lean processes and principles. Or an enthusiastic approach to learning them!
- Self-starter. You’ll be given the professional support you need to flourish in the role, but you’ll take it by the horns and make it your own.
In this role, you will:
- Own the user interface. You’ll shape the look and feel of the application.
- Design the product to implement the company vision. Learn why we’re passionate about mentoring, become passionate yourself, and design a product that makes a meaningful difference to the mentoring relationships of our users.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to constantly improve the product. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the changing needs of our customers, recognise opportunities for growth and design a product that answers these calls.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure successful delivery of your work. Oversee the implementation of your work from idea to shipped product.
- Build, measure and learn. Measure the success of your designs in the wild, understand what makes a powerful mentoring experience, and use your learnings to iterate on how we deliver it.
- Open to part-time, contract or permanent.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Our head office is located in Richmond, Victoria, and we’re open to a flexi/remote arrangement.
- This role reports directly to the CEO.
- You get the day off on your birthday!
- We’ll connect you with a mentor based on what you’re seeking to develop!
As a start-up, Mentorloop is agile, in that we’re lean and able to react quickly to an emerging market. We are open – both internally and externally – we are receptive to feedback and enthusiastically collaborative. We’re also transparent, and happy to offer our experience and advice. We laugh a lot – a happy work environment is a productive one – and we laugh at ourselves at least as much as at anything else.
This is an important role for us, so we’re looking for the right person. We’re flexible about the working arrangement, and will negotiate the right salary for the right candidate.
Please contact Lucy Lloyd to express your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org