New role at Mentorloop
Product Lead – Melbourne
We believe that the right connection can change your life – at Mentorloop our mission is to make mentoring mainstream. At a high-growth stage, we’re seeking a Product Lead to take Mentorloop to the next level.
What is a “Product Lead”, you ask? You’re a skilled designer, an experimenter, results-driven, an advocate for our end users and an ambassador for our vision. “Lead” doesn’t mean you’re running a team (yet), it means that you’re setting the direction of the product, bringing our internal team on the journey, and backing up your vision with data and a clear outcome.
We exist to make mentoring better and more accessible – everything you design, and we build, must contribute to that goal. More than anything, this role is about great communications – you’re the ambassador for the end-user back into our team, and the ambassador for our engineering team back to sales & customer-success.
This is a full-time Melbourne-based role, working directly with our engineering, sales and customer success teams to drive Mentorloop forward.
- Born to experiment. Before briefing engineering you’ve formed a hypothesis and tested it with real users, using anything from an Invision prototype, to a Google form, to a drawing on a piece of paper.
- Committed to hypothesis-driven development. There are no experiments without an outcome you’re testing against, and we don’t make product changes without a way to measure the outcome.
- Experienced in UX/UI Design. You’re excellent on the tools; developing wireframes, mockups and build-ready prototypes, with web, mobile-first and native app design experience.
- Digital product & service design. Beyond the interface, you understand what makes a good user experience, and how thoughtful design can make a meaningful difference for our customers.
- Stakeholder consultation and research. You can conduct stakeholder workshops, user research, requirements gathering and usability testing.
- Have excellent communication skills. You’re confident collaborating directly both with our internal teams and with our customers.
- Experience with Agile/Lean processes and principles. Or an enthusiastic approach to learning them!
- A self-starter. You’ll be given the professional support you need to flourish in the role, but you’ll take it by the horns and make it your own.
- Design the product to implement the company vision. Learn why we’re passionate about mentoring, become passionate yourself, and design a product that makes a meaningful difference to the mentoring relationships of our customers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to constantly improve the product. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the changing needs of our customers, recognise opportunities for growth and design a product that answers these calls.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure successful delivery of your work. Oversee the implementation of your work from idea to finished product.
- Own the user interface. You’ll shape the look and feel of the application.
- Build, measure and learn. Measure the success of your designs in the wild, understand what makes a successful product and use your learnings to iterate on the product.
- Learn and live startup culture. Mentorloop is a Startmate graduate and is backed by some of Australia’s leading investors.
As a start-up, Mentorloop is agile, in that we’re lean and able to react quickly to an emerging market. We are open – both internally and externally – we are receptive to feedback and enthusiastically collaborative. We’re also transparent, and happy to offer our experience and advice. We laugh a lot – a happy work environment is a productive one – and we laugh at ourselves at least as much as at anything else.
Remuneration is up for negotiation commensurate with experience.
Please contact Lucy Lloyd to express your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org