New role at Mentorloop
VP of Engineering (Melbourne)
We believe that the right connection can change your life – at Mentorloop our mission is to make mentoring better, more measurable and more accessible for all. As our team grows, we’re seeking a natural leader to foster a world-class engineering culture, grow the team, and make it a force for business growth.
Reporting directly to the CEO, Mentorloop’s VP of Engineering role is newly created to take on, lead and continue to build out our engineering culture. You’re a talented engineer with 5+ years experience running high-performance teams, you’re looking for a fresh challenge, and you’ll relish the opportunity to come into an existing team and make your mark.
This is a full-time Melbourne-based role, working directly with our engineering, sales and customer success teams to drive Mentorloop forward. If you’re based elsewhere and willing to relocate we’re happy to chat – while current events might make that tricky right now, we can work toward it.
- An experienced full stack developer familiar with building Node applications, Single Page Web Apps and complex UIs.
- A team lead, perhaps in a large Engineering organisation, and you’re looking for a way to step beyond that hierarchy and make your mark.
- A natural leader. Demonstrable experience in coaching, mentoring and growing engineering talent.
- Graduating from start-up to scale-up. Our product has always been built with discipline and love, and is ready to be put through its paces as we expand into new markets, larger clients, and onboard thousands of users; deploy data science to predict mentoring success; and ultimately build a platform that creates the conditions for wonderful human connections to form (without a whole lot of feature bloat getting in the way!).
- A full stack JS platform, implementing Node and MongoDB on the backend and a modern React ecosystem on the frontend, all deployed on AWS.
- Experience (5+ years) in leading, scaling and managing engineering teams in high-tech, fast-paced product development environment (e.g. product releases weekly)
- An expert understanding of SaaS software engineering for SMB and enterprise customers.
- Proven experience of creating products on a global scale with regionalisation and global deployment architectures.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re confident collaborating directly both with our internal teams and with our customers, data-centric, and with the ability to articulate complex problems, root-causes, alternatives and solutions.
- Experience setting, tracking and managing team OKRs and KPIs.
- Experience with Agile/Lean processes and principles.
- Commitment to hypothesis-driven development.
- The ability to set the strategic direction for our Engineering function, and map the path to achieve them. You’ll be given the professional support you need to flourish in the role, but you’ll take it by the horns and make it your own.
- Lead design and implementation of scalable engineering solutions.
- Ensure the continual improvement of engineering best practice.
- Implement a technical roadmap to support our trajectory for growth.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and high performance.
- Lead, manage, mentor, recruit and grow a team of skilled engineers passionate about making better human connection possible.
- Engage with our customers as a senior engineering leader and Mentorloop technical representative.
- Learn and live local tech scene culture. Mentorloop is a Startmate graduate and is backed by some of Australia’s leading investors, and we’re passionate about engaging with and giving back to the local tech scene.
A bit more about us:
A bit more about us:
At Mentorloop we’re making quality mentoring more accessible – we’re driven to deliver the benefits of mentoring to anyone who seeks them. We realised early that if we wanted to properly execute on this idea, we couldn’t just rely on having a good purpose – we needed to find a way to build a profitable, sustainable business too. That’s why we’re proud to be a certified B Corporation, building a business that’s a force for good in the world.
We believe the right connection can change your life. We believe that as a team we’re Greater Than the Sum of Our Parts. In getting things Done, Then Fun. We believe in taking opportunities, not being afraid to change, and being Masters of Our Own Destiny. We believe in letting our clients and our community help us build the best possible product. And we believe that when we take a position and back ourselves amazing things happen.
Remuneration is up for negotiation commensurate with experience. Please contact Lucy Lloyd to express your interest: email@example.com