New role at Mentorloop
FULL STACK JS DEVELOPER
Mentorloop is a web-based platform that helps organisations to launch, run and improve mentoring programs. We’re based in Melbourne, Australia but our product is used all over the world, and we’ve helped run mentoring programs at companies including Sky, Woolworths, NBN, Xero, BBC and many others.
Mentorloop is female founded and committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that is greater than the sum of its parts. We’re a certified B Corp on a mission to make mentoring more accessible for more people around the world.
This is a full time role based in our office in Melbourne, starting January 2021. Salary starts at $100,000 AUD + superannuation but is negotiable based on your experience and ability/willingnes to lead.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship so you must be legally authorised to work in Australia. We’re flexible for the right person so if you have questions about any of the above please get in touch with us directly and say hi; contact details below.
- Design and build our product. Your bread and butter is writing clear, performant and tested code. You’ll be directly involved in the entire product life-cycle from concept to release, including technical design and architecture of new features and tools.
- Operations, maintenance and security. Getting the platform deployed and keeping it online, secure and fast. Monitoring system performance and logs. Responding to bugs and alerts quickly and effectively.
- Collaboration with the rest of the business. Gathering requirements, developing an understanding of what our customers need and communicating our work with the rest of the team. Helping non-technical staff and customers understand the platform.
- Continuous improvement. Keeping up to date with new technologies and understanding what they can bring to our business. Learning new tech and sharing it with the rest of the team. You’ll be given time and budget dedicated to learning, development and research.
- 3+ years with full stack JS. You can learn our other tech on the job but this is essential. We use Node on the backend, React & co on the front.
- 3+ years working on a product team. Demonstrable experience designing, building and shipping quality features for customers.
- Strong understanding of development fundamentals. Performance, security, testing, maintainability.
- Passion for product development.
- Capacity to work autonomously, without being afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Willingness and ability to help others; both technical and non-technical peers.
- Great communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
FOR BONUS POINTS
- Experience with MongoDB (querying, aggregates, performance)
- AWS environments and tooling, including EC2, ECS, Lambda, Cloudformation/Terraform.
- Experience with product analytics and reporting
- Data science fundamentals
WHY WORK FOR US?
- We’re a small team and everyone has the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our product and business.
- We run an agile process and believe in continually improving ourselves and our processes.
- You’ll get an annual learning & development budget.
- We offer flexible working arrangements.
- You’ll be given the option to participate in our employee stock ownership plan.
- We’re a certified B Corporation.
- We’ll connect you with a mentor based on your personal & professional development goals.
- You get the day off on your birthday 🥳
Email applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter. Please introduce yourself, tell us why you’d like to join the team and why you think you’re a great candidate – address the “essential experience” directly. Keep it under 400 words please. If you’ve got work that you’re proud of, send us a link.
For more details please feel free to reach out to us directly and ask! We’d love to chat.