New role at Mentorloop
CUSTOMER SUCCESS SPECIALIST
We believe that the right connection can change your life – at Mentorloop our mission is to make mentoring mainstream. At a high-growth stage, we’re seeking a Customer Success Specialist to grow with us as we onboard clients across Australia and beyond.
You will be a Mentorloop ambassador, a client advocate, and the mentoring sherpa for our customers, helping them to realise the best possible mentoring outcomes for themselves, their companies, and of course their mentors and mentees.
This will be a Melbourne-based role, working directly with the Mentorloop founders and product team. Initially set-up as a 3 month contract, we see the role morphing into a permanent one as the business develops, providing the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a local software start-up.
- An experienced customer success specialist – ideally experience with a tech or SaaS business, or in client/account management role in e.g. creative or digital agencies, professional services, or after sales care.
- Motivated to build the best possible experience for our customers – both our clients (B2B) and our end-users (mentors and mentees).
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial environment – you’re a self-starter, can work autonomously, and always keep one eye on the broader vision.
- Keen to learn – start-ups don’t stand still, you’ll be exposed to B2B sales, product development, financial planning, pitch preparation, thought leadership – basically everything it takes to start and grow a business.
- Ready to be an active participant in Australia’s start-up community.
- Customer Service – the basics still stand: a lot of this role is classic account management. You’re there to build a relationship, support the client through training, onboarding and beyond, answering questions and helping them get the most out of their mentoring program.
- User Support – as well as the client – the mentoring program coordinator – you will also have a role in supporting Mentorloop’s end users: the mentors and mentees engaging in life-changing relationships.
- Customer Optimisation – customer success is always on. You’ll engage in regular client check-ins, ad hoc and structured success reporting, identifying any sub-optimal experiences and making the relevant course corrections.
- Customer Retention – you will work closely with clients to understand their motivators and pain points, build a close collaborative relationship, and demonstrate the value of Mentorloop to their businesses.
- Customer Expansion – you will explore ways to expand Mentorloop uptake within a client organisation, and opportunities for referrals to other potential clients.
- Metrics & Reporting – you will be responsible for customer metrics as they’re reported to the client, as well as within Mentorloop. We track engagement metrics (MAU by client), satisfaction metrics (NPS), and expansion (net negative churn). You will take ownership for these metrics for Mentorloop’s regular performance benchmarking.
- Product Consultation – you will provide detail to the product team where clients provide feedback, ask for customisations, or make new feature requests. You’ll form the conduit between client and product team, conveying client feedback and requirements so they can inform the product roadmap.
- Documentation & Process – review and provide feedback on Mentorloop’s current processes and software use, help to implement more disciplined and transparent internal processes in preparation for team growth.
As a start-up Mentorloop is agile, in that we’re lean and able to react quickly to an emerging market. We are open, both internally and externally; we are receptive to feedback and enthusiastically collaborative. We’re also transparent, and happy to offer our experience and advice. We laugh a lot – a happy work environment is a productive one – and we laugh at ourselves at least as much as at anything else.
Remuneration is up for negotiation commensurate with experience.
Please contact COO, Heidi Holmes to express your interest.