New role at Mentorloop
Mentorloop is a Melbourne-based startup making mentoring relationships easier to start, run and participate in. At a high-growth stage, we’re seeking an enthusiastic junior developer to work closely with our small and dedicated team to take Mentorloop to the next level.
This is a role in our engineering team, working in close collaboration with our customer success team. You’ll provide the technical capability to support our clients in running successful mentoring programs for their users. You’ll help to onboard new clients, manage their programs and users, manage program reporting and analytics, coordinate the triage of support issues and assist with quality assurance and technical documentation.
Once you’ve got a handle on our product and customer success processes, you’ll take a lead role in identifying areas that we can be better at. You’ll combine usage data with user feedback to pinpoint where we can streamline, automate and improve, and you’ll work with the engineering team to plan, design and build these improvements and features. Our aim for this role is that over time it becomes less hands-on, and you are able to transition to a full stack developer role.
We run full-stack JS, so a good knowledge of the language, ecosystem and tools is a requirement for the position. Experience with both front-end applications (ie, React & friends) as well as Node is a bonus but not essential. Practical experience with some of our other tools and environments (AWS, SQL & MongoDB, Data Studio, Metabase) is also considered a plus. If you’ve got experience working in a team at a product company (design, development or support) that will also be an advantage.
This is an ideal role for an aspiring junior developer to join a small team working on a product that’s undergone constant growth since launch. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn from an experienced team and develop your skills and experience, with a clear pathway towards a full-time product engineering role.
- Technical onboarding of new clients; configuring and customising their programs.
- Scheduling and running events in the program life-cycle, including onboarding, matching and surveying program users
- Building analytics and reporting capabilities for both clients and the Mentorloop team
- Program user management
- Support issue triage, including scheduling to meet program deadlines
- Learning and familiarising yourself with our product, tools and processes
- User acceptance testing + features
- Writing and managing technical documentation for the customer success team
Essential Experience and Qualities:
- Experience with version control (git)
- Comfortable working from the command line (nix/BSD/macOS)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently, manage your own workload
- Willingness to learn
- Desire to contribute to product and culture
Bonus Point Experience and Knowledge:
- Query languages: SQL, Big Query or MongoDB
- BI tools: Data Studio, Metabase or equivalent
- Ops: Docker, AWS
- Experience in product testing, QA processes and tools
- Experience with reading and writing technical documentation
- Hands-on experience working in a product-based business, ideally in design or development.
Details and Extras:
- The role is full time.
- Salary is $60-80k AUD (+ superannuation), commensurate with experience.
- On-site at our office in North Richmond, Victoria, Australia.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- You’ll be given the option to participate in our employee stock ownership plan.
- You get the day off on your birthday!
As a start-up, Mentorloop is agile, in that we’re lean and able to react quickly to an emerging market. We are open – both internally and externally – we are receptive to feedback and enthusiastically collaborative. We’re also transparent, and happy to offer our experience and advice. We laugh a lot – a happy work environment is a productive one – and we laugh at ourselves at least as much as at anything else.
- Email us your application
- Quick phone chat to answer any questions you may have
- Zoom call with the CTO to go into a bit more detail
- Technical interview
- Zoom call with founders
- Reference check
- Join the team
Send us an email briefly introducing yourself and telling us why you’d like to join the team and why you think you’re the right person for the job (300 words max). Please include a CV, and if you’ve got a link to a Github profile or something that you’d like to share with us, attach that too.
Please contact Mark Reid to express your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org