New role at Mentorloop
Content Marketing Manager – Melbourne
Mentorloop is an Australian-based, international tech scale-up. We believe that the right connection can change your life – our mission is to make those life-changing connections mainstream (not just for the lucky few) by making mentoring more accessible, scalable and measurable.
Trusted by over 30,000 people worldwide, we’re steering people leaders everywhere away from the ‘old way’ of running a mentoring program towards an outcome-focused and data-driven people experience. Mentoring isn’t a nice-to-have, it’s a must-have!
We’re building the tools people leaders need to simplify and grow their organisational mentoring programs, assisting them in getting started, matching, building momentum and measuring their success.
This will be a Melbourne-based part-time role, with the ability to work remotely as required.
As a core pillar of our business, content plays a crucial role in the Mentorloop ecosystem; attracting, engaging and educating prospects, customers and end-users alike, on how they can accomplish more, with Mentorloop.
Supporting tens of thousands of mentors and mentees from organisations worldwide, Mentorloop is recognised as a category thought-leader in the mentoring space.
As the Content Marketing Manager owning the strategy, production, and distribution of Mentorloop’s content, you will continue to build a rich and captivating world that our customers and end-users can turn to, to learn, grow and share with others.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the funnel, cross-team collaboration and genuine insight into all aspects of the business, reporting to the Head of Marketing.
- First and foremost, a storyteller at heart – you have excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly. With passion and a strong ability to find content angles that attract and engage a variety of audiences.
- Customer-centric and empathic – just like us, you know how to put the customer first. Get into their shoes and understand where they’re at in their journey and what they need to succeed.
- A ‘T-shaped’ thinker – highly skilled in end-to-end content production, you also have a bit of knowledge for many areas of marketing. You possess a keen willingness to learn and build upon your expertise as a content leader who has successfully delivered results impacting both growth and retention through content marketing.
- Motivated to make mentoring magic – you’re excited to support a vision that mentoring matters – both for our clients (B2B) and our end-users (mentors and mentees).
- Excited by an entrepreneurial environment – you’re a self-starter, can work autonomously, and always keeping one eye on how we’re tracking towards the broader vision.
- Results-focused – you use this ‘lens’ every day to assess performance, optimise your output and where helpful, guide the broader team to make data-driven decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Create exceptional content. We’re looking for someone with the editorial passion and content skills to produce assets that support our customers at every step of their journey; from building awareness and driving consideration through to supporting their experience post-sale – highlighting magic moments and building an engaging story to relay the experience. Articles, ebooks, videos, infographics, social graphics – You should be comfortable producing them all and know how to engage specific specialists (like animators) to get a job done as required.
- Develop a content distribution strategy, identifying the highest-impact content types and channels (paid and unpaid) that support our core business goals. Work with the Head of Marketing on native and partner-based content marketing opportunities, including distribution through paid channels (Google Ads and Paid Social).
- Establish credibility and develop thought-leadership in this growing category by creating content that supports segmented nurturing programs.
- Write straightforward, simple, succinct, meaningful ad and web copy to connect with target personas. Map out, test, and optimise key conversion paths to drive lead generation.
- Co-create sales enablement tools that arm our sales team with the resources they need to partner with more customers and celebrate success stories through case studies featuring influential organisations.
- Ensure content and visuals are kept up-to-date to include the latest product messaging as we continuously build and improve the product and manage the creative development of photographic and video assets, using your tools of choice (eg. Canva, Adobe etc) and publishing via content management systems (WordPress).
- Continue to build your working knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies and demonstrate a passion to stay up-to-date with news and trends in SEO and online marketing tactics.
- Salary is $70-80K AUD (+ superannuation) pro-rata (0.8 or 0.9 FTE), commensurate with experience.
- Flexible working hours and location, we value work-life balance
- A dedicated Learning and Development budget
- 20 hrs paid community volunteer leave
- Opportunity to participate in Employee Share Option plan
- Be one of Australia’s proudest B Corp members
- A day off on your birthday! 🎉
At Mentorloop we’re making quality mentoring more accessible – we’re driven to deliver the benefits of mentoring to anyone who seeks them. We realised early that if we wanted to properly execute this idea, we couldn’t just rely on having a good purpose – we needed to find a way to build a profitable, sustainable business too. That’s why we’re proud to be a certified B Corporation, building a business that’s a force for good in the world.
We believe the right connection can change your life. We believe that as a team we’re Greater Than the Sum of Our Parts. In getting things Done, Then Fun. We believe in taking opportunities, not being afraid to change, and being Masters of Our Own Destiny. We believe in letting our clients and our community help us build the best possible product. And we believe that when we take a position and back ourselves amazing things happen.
We split our time between working from home and the office. We would like to see you in the office at least twice a week, but you’re welcome to come in as often as you like – the more the merrier!
We’re flexible for the right person so if you have questions about any of the above please get in touch with us directly and say hello!
Please contact Emily Ryan to express your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org